Mission and Vision
"It is of critical importance that, during the formative years of childhood, everybody be given not only the exposure to a diversity of art forms, but also as many chances as possible to explore first-hand various ways of searching for and expressing meaning."
- Michael D. Higgins, President of Ireland, Patron of Baboró International Arts Festival for Children
Baboró’s mission is to inspire children to engage with the world through their experience of the creative arts.
All children in Ireland should enjoy equal access to quality cultural and creative arts experiences.
Our commitment to children is paramount at Baboró.
We believe that every child should have access to excellent arts and cultural experiences both as audience and participants.
We value quality in the work we present and in the way we present it to ensure each child’s experience is inspiring and deeply engaging.
We respect children and their differing needs and wants and endeavour to provide enriching cultural experiences for all children.
At Baboró we believe that children are full human beings at every age, and that it is their right to experience art and culture in all its forms – here and now.
The main objects for which the Company is established are:
- To recognise children and young people as individuals in their own right and to encourage their access to, and participation in, the creative arts.
- To be an advocate for children and young people’s right to participate in cultural and creative activities and to celebrate and articulate the transformative power of the creative arts.
- To promote the study, appreciation and understanding of all forms of the creative arts throughout Ireland and to provide guidance and expertise to educators, enabling them to develop frameworks for engaging with the creative arts.
- To organise, control and manage an arts festival for children, young people and families, to be held annually in Galway and to do all works which are incidental to organising and managing that arts festival.