The time has come for your school and group to begin planning and booking your trip to Baboró!
Schools Box Office
Thank you for coming to Baboró 2016! We would love your feedback, please fill in our feedback form.
How to book
- Browse the festival programme to decide which shows you would like to attend. Please note age and class guidelines to ensure you get the most from your Baboró experience.
- Complete the Booking Request Form. Baboró operates a lottery system to ensure fairness for all schools. However, you can still complete the Booking Request Form up until the festival.
- Baboró will send you a booking confirmation and invoice – payment in full must be received by Friday 7 October.
Schools Booking Schedule
Friday 16 September: First Round Booking Deadline.
Monday 26 September: Schools
notified of allocation via email. Please do not call for information
on your booking before this date, as it will take one week to process
all school schedules.
Wednesday 28 September: Schools' acceptance of first round offers.
Monday 10 October: Payment in full, no cash please.
Thursday 10 November: Bus subsidy deadline.
Bookings are not considered complete and confirmed until full payment has been received.
School Tickets: €6.50
Registered Disadvantaged School: €5.50
Film and Literature Tickets: €4.00
Free Teacher’s and SNA's Tickets:
1 in 10 for Schools;
1 in 5 for Pre Schools; As required for Special Needs Schools
Please note: Tickets are non-refundable.
- Please complete one Booking Request Form per group.
- Workshop availability is limited.
- Full details on Access and Venues.
- Full details on Relaxed and Recommended performances.
Before you attend Baboró read the Teacher Resources Pack. This pack provides important information such as:
- Activities to do in the classroom with your students, specifically tailored to the performance you will attend.
- Bus Drop Off Points.
- Etiquette for school children attending performances.
- Information on other activities available in Galway during your visit.
- Book your bus / arrange transportation to the festival.
When you attend your Baboró event, please bring a copy of your Baboró Schedule. This will help our staff identify who you are and seat you efficiently. Our stewards wear red Baboró t-shirts and have lanyards identifying themselves. If you are travelling by bus, they will meet you at the Bus Drop Off point applicable to your venue and guide you to the theatre venue.
Did you know that?
- Baboró’s Make a Day of It programme gives you access to a variety of free events during your visit to the festival.
- Baboró runs a School Bus Subsidy Scheme to support your trip to Baboró. Claim back some of your bus hire costs after the festival.
- Baboró’s Culture for Schools is an initiative to help support some schools to attend Baboró. Please contact Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 091 562667 for more information.
After you attend Baboró please
- Send us a completed Bus Subsidy Form along with a receipt, to reclaim some of the cost of your visit. The deadline for returning your bus subsidy form along with your receipt is Thursday 10 November 2016, forms will not be processed after this date.
- Explore our post engagement activities on the website.
- Send us your feedback: we would love to hear from you and your class – tell us about your festival experience, your favourite festival moment, suggest improvements, etc.
Not sure what to see? – Call Baboró on 091 562642 or email email@example.com for advice and guidance on the best performance for your class/group.
Join our schools mailing list to keep up to date with the latest information.
Baboró on Tour
Certain productions will be on tour at outside venues. The performances on tour are:
- Cruthanna- The Shape of Things, at a local creche
- Graffiti Classics at Clifden Station House Theatre on Tues 18 October at 10am & 12pm
If you are interested in having a Baboró show tour to your school in the future, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.