Baboró International Arts Festival for Children seeks a creative and dynamic Marketing Executive with at least 3 years related experience to join its small, ambitious team. The ideal candidate is results driven, highly motivated, self-organising and a team player.
Baboró is Ireland’s flagship international arts festival devoted exclusively to children and families. In 2019, it celebrates 23 years presenting a multidisciplinary arts festival to thousands of children in Ireland from its Galway base. As a not-for-profit, Baboró works tirelessly to reach new audiences and in its quest that all children in the West of Ireland and beyond enjoy equal access to quality cultural and creative arts experiences. Baboró is dedicated to delivering a diverse creative programme from Ireland and around the world at its annual one-week festival in Galway and to supporting artists and educators in their endeavours to inspire children to engage with the world through their experience of the creative arts. Baboró delivers these key objectives by engaging in an exciting portfolio of projects throughout the year that develops national and international partnerships, creates resources and ultimately deepens the offering of its annual festival.
Baboró is funded by the Arts Council, locally by Galway City and County Council, and a variety of other national funds. Next year Baboró will deliver an exciting project as part of Galway’s designation as European Capital of Culture 2020. Baboró is currently a partner, with local associate partners Branar Teatar de Pháistí and NUI Galway, in a new Creative Europe project called MAPPING 2018 – 2022. During this project Baboró will host 17 European partners in Galway as part of an enhanced festival in 2021 and will co-produce a new work for early years. This is indeed an exciting time to join one of Ireland’s premiere cultural organisations.
This role is key to the realisation of Baboró’s ambitions and is a vital part of a small year-round team. Reporting to the Executive Artistic Director, the Marketing Executive will be responsible for Baboró’s external communications, including promoting the annual Baboró festival, its year-round work and developing the organisation’s profile and brand. As a small not-for-profit, Baboró is increasingly reliant on digital marketing and social media platforms to deliver its key messages and develop audiences. This role also supports Baboró’s operations by managing effective internal communications and efficient office systems.
The Marketing Executive will work closely with Baboró’s Executive Artistic Director, Producer and Development Executive. You will manage key external relationships with Baboró’s festival publicist, photographer, graphic designers, printers and media partners. And you will work collaboratively with the wider festival team, interns and volunteers.
This is a dynamic role which offers excellent opportunities for the successful candidate to develop their own unique skillset and areas of interest, whilst maintaining Baboró’s national and international reputation as a leading organisation in the creative arts for children.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead in the creation of an annual marketing plan with clear objectives and timelines for effective communication of Baboró’s annual festival and year round activities, to a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- Develop and manage an annual marketing budget, ensuring best value for Baboró.
- Develop clear, concise messaging for the transmission of Baboró external communications.
- Create and execute innovative, effective and targeted marketing campaigns for festival and year round programmes and events.
- Write copy for press releases, website content, social media posts, newsletters, posters, ads, etc.
- Manage the development of Baboró’s website in line with the organisation’s requirements. Continuously monitor its effectiveness and its SEO optimisation.
- Develop and execute year round online strategies across all relevant platforms, driving traffic to Baboró’s website and growing our online reach.
- Continually measure, monitor and review the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and spend.
- Responsibility for managing databases and ensuring Baboró’s compliance with GDPR regulation across the organisation.
- Nurture and develop Baboró’s long-standing relationships with key partners in Galway and beyond.
- Represent Baboró at public and sectoral events.
- Support the Baboró team as required and carry out other duties as may be required from time to time.
Knowledge and Experience
- A relevant third level qualification.
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a significant marketing role.
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into effective action plans.
- Proven experience developing marketing plans and managing budgets.
- Excellent communicator – written, visual and oral communication – with a keen eye for detail.
- Track record of designing and delivering effective marketing/promotional campaigns.
- Experience creating digital marketing campaigns and managing social media platforms and websites, creating engaging content that drives conversion.
- Experience working in a festival environment and supervising a small team is desirable.
- A working knowledge of the Irish language is desirable.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, focused on delivering results.
- Strong writing skills with a creative flair for engaging a range of audiences & stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise and make informed decisions, even in a fast-paced and hectic festival environment.
- Superb attention to detail and proofing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - proven ability to work effectively in a team and build strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Candidates should be tech savvy, demonstrating that they are up to date with the latest technology in this sphere.
- Photography, videography, design experience and knowledge of editing software are desirable.
- Enjoy working as part of a small, dynamic team that swells in size at festival time.
- An enthusiastic self-starter who is motivated to achieve results and continuously improve.
- An adaptable and resourceful person with a creative flair.
- Outgoing personality – personable and enjoys meeting new people.
- A multi-tasker who is happy to pitch in to help with any role at festival time.
- A keen interest in the arts
Salary: €30,000 to €34,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Full-time, fixed term contract: 4 year contract (9 month probation period)
Application Closing Date: Monday 25th March 2019, 5pm
Please send a cover letter setting out why you feel you are suitable for this position (2 pages max) along with your current CV (2 pages max) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting may apply.
Candidates must be available on the following dates:
Monday 1st April : 1st round interviews will take place in Galway
Wednesday 10th April: 2nd round interviews will take place in Galway