Baboró in partnership with Punchdrunk Enrichment, are seeking primary school teachers to take part in Punchdrunk Enrichment’s A Small Tale: A Teacher-Led Adventure.
A Small Tale: A Teacher-Led Adventure is a magical storytelling experience for primary school children that aims to ignite and inspire a passion for writing whilst raising standards in reading, speaking and listening.
Submission Deadline: Wednesday June 30, 2021
About A Small Tale
The teacher and their class read a mysterious old picture book about two mischievous and messy tiny people with a love of stories. But when they return to the book the following day the pages are all blank, except for two sets of tiny footprints… they discover that the tiny characters have escaped. Will the pupils be able to get them back to safety, before it’s too late?
The project takes place across seven days which can be broken up over two weeks. It can be delivered multiple times, to different classes, with the same set of assets and resources.
A Small Tale aims to:
- Ignite and inspire students’ passion and motivation for writing
- Inspire a love of reading and writing
- Raise standards in reading, speaking and listening skills
- Inspire and develop imaginative teaching practices for literacy; placing the teacher and the students at the centre of the creativity
Please note: Due to the highly imaginative nature of this project, we ask you to not post or share anything on social media that may ruin the illusion of the project. Help us preserve the magic!
About the callout
We are seeking expressions of interest from teachers who expect to be teaching students from Senior Infants to 3rd Class in the 2021/2022 academic year. If you are interested in taking part in the project, we ask you to register your interest in the form below.
You will be contacted at the end of the summer with an offer of a place on the project at which point you can accept or decline.
Who is it for
Primary school teachers who expect they may be teaching Senior Infants to 3rd Class students for the 2021/2022 academic year. This experience is open to schools across Ireland however the training day will take place in person in Galway City on Saturday October 16, 2021 (may be delivered by zoom if government restrictions change).
What is included
- One day training.
- Toolkit including handmade props and materials needed to deliver the project.
- 60 minute instructional video.
- Day-by-day instruction manual with lesson planning ideas.
- June 30 - Expression of interest deadline.
- August 31 - Interested teachers/schools will be notified of an available place.
- September - Acceptance of place in the project.
- October 16 - Training Day in Galway City from 09.00-17.00 (may be delivered by zoom if government restrictions change).
How to take part
- Register your interest by Wednesday June 30, 2021, through the form below.
- At the end of August we will contact interested teachers to offer a limited number of places.
- Confirmed participants will take part in a training day on Saturday October 16, 2021 in Galway City (may be delivered by zoom if government restrictions change).
- You will receive a toolkit with props to deliver A Small Tale to your class in your own time.
€50 (€35 for DEIS Schools) per participating teacher.
This includes all you need to deliver A Small Tale including the training day, toolkit, props and lesson planning ideas.
This programme is subsidised by Baboró which normally costs €418 per participating teacher.
To ensure equality of access to the arts for schools and children, the cost of participating in the programme is subsidised by Baboró with funding from the Arts Council of Ireland and the generous support of Medtronic Galway - exclusive sponsor of Baboró’s Creative Connections programme and 25th anniversary.
For further information contact email@example.com.