Applications for this position are now closed.
We are recruiting a Part Time Digital Marketing Coordinator to join our small team and support the communications of our annual festival each October, alongside our year round work and engagement with our audiences and stakeholders.
About the Role
You are an enthusiastic marketer with an interest in the arts and theatre for young audiences. You will have a passion for digital and social media marketing as well as copywriting and content creation.
As an integral part of the team, you will gain insight into the production and delivery of an internationally recognised arts festival and have the opportunity to express your own ideas and perspectives. You will be able to take ownership of some of the digital marketing activities with the support and guidance of the Marketing Executive.
About Baboró International Arts Festival for Children
Baboró is Ireland’s flagship international arts festival devoted exclusively to children and families. In 2021, we celebrated 25 years presenting a multidisciplinary arts festival to thousands of children in Ireland from our Galway base.
Baboró is a not-for-profit dedicated to delivering a diverse creative programme from Ireland and around the world at its annual festival. Throughout the year Baboró delivers an exciting portfolio of projects that support artists and educators in their endeavours to inspire children to engage with the world through their experience of the creative arts.
Baboró is funded by the Arts Council, locally by Galway City and County Council, and a variety of other national funds alongside corporate sponsorship and donations. Baboró is in partnership with domestic and European organisations and agencies in the development of the creative arts for children. Baboró also undertakes several arts in education projects to deepen our engagement with school communities throughout Galway city and county. This year’s festival will take place from October 14 - 23, 2022.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will report to the Marketing Executive and will work on the gathering, writing, editing and publishing of content for the website and social media channels. You will also support the delivery of festival communications and year round activities.
- Planning content and communications with the Marketing Executive.
- Gathering, writing and editing content for the Baboró website, social media channels and newsletter.
- Scheduling and publishing content on digital channels.
- Monitoring and responding on social media channels.
- Basic design of social media graphics based on brand templates.
- Building and managing stakeholder databases.
- Supporting the creation of printed materials for the festival.
- Liaising with partners, suppliers and stakeholders on year round projects and the festival.
Candidate Experience and Qualities
While the below experience and skills are desirable, we welcome applications from any potential candidates who have complimentary experience and can demonstrate an enthusiasm for the activities outlined in the role responsibilities.
- 3rd level qualification in marketing, digital communications or a related field.
- 1-2 years experience in a marketing role.
- 1-2 years experience managing social media channels.
- Website content management system (using Craft CMS).
- Copywriting and proofing.
- Newsletter design and publishing (using Mailchimp).
- Basic design skills for social media and digital content (using Canva or similar tools).
- Experience working in Google Drive and Google Docs.
- A friendly, warm and approachable personality.
Terms and Benefits of Employment/Contract for Services
€27,300 gross salary (pro rata).
This is a part-time position (2 ½ days a week) and offers a contract until December 31st 2023, subject to 9 months probation.
This is a part-time role for 2 ½ days per week. Scope of work and working hours are flexible with potential expansion to full time hours for September and October by agreement.
Baboró’s offices are located in Galway city centre. You should be based in Galway and available to work either from home or from our office, depending on the needs of Baboró and current government restrictions.
10 annual leave days plus up to 4 company days per annum.
This post requires disclosure of all criminal record information via Garda Vetting.
Please send a cover letter setting out why you feel you are suitable for this position (2 pages max) along with your current CV (2 pages max) to marketing[@]baboro.ie. If you have any questions about the role or need assistance with your application please contact the team via email admin[@]baboro.ie.
Application Closing Date
17.00, Monday March 21
Friday March 25
Interviews may be held in person in Galway or remotely on zoom, depending on Covid-19 restrictions.