Baboró International Arts Festival for Children is Ireland’s flagship arts festival dedicated to children and families. Baboró is a registered charity which works year-round to bring meaningful arts experiences to children in our community and to support artists making work for young audiences.
This year’s festival will take place from Saturday 14 October until Sunday 22 October 2023. Now in its 27th year, our annual international festival dedicated to children is the beating heart of what we do. Baboró was originally conceived and nurtured under the auspices of Galway Arts Festival and first presented a Baboró programme in 1994. By 1997, Baboró had evolved into an independent, multidisciplinary festival held in the month of October rather than the summer, so that more children in Galway city and county would be able to access the arts through their schools. The festival programme varies from year to year to bring a wide diversity of exposure to the arts especially created for young audiences, their schools and families.
About the Role
Baboró seeks a Schools Box Office assistant to work closely alongside the Schools Coordinator to help manage bookings from school groups attending the 2023 festival. We are seeking a bright, friendly, well organised person with great customer service skills, who enjoys working in a busy environment.
The deadline to apply for this role is Thursday 8 June.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schools Box Office administration
- Updating school booking forms and school festival packs
- Assisting with the Schools Box Office financial administration
- Assisting with school communications via phone and email
- Preparing information for Venue Managers
- Communicating resources available to schools, such as free events and bus subsidies
- Ensuring everyone who attends or is interested in attending feels welcome and included. Interactions with customers and the public should embody Baboró’s ethos and core values (Belonging, Curiosity, Collaboration and Play)
- Previous box office experience is an advantage, however training will be provided
- Previous experience working in a festival environment is an advantage
- Competent administrative and/or coordination experience
- Experience working in a customer focused environment with excellent phone customer service skills
- Familiarity with the primary school system in Ireland encouraged
Skills & Abilities
This is a contract for services from the period of Tuesday August 8th - Wednesday October 25th 2023. Remuneration is €5,500. A working schedule will be agreed upon. Flexibility may be required.
Please send a Letter of Interest (1 page max) and a CV (2 pages max) to Kirsty at firstname.lastname@example.org, using subject line “Schools Box Office Assistant”. Please use the letter of interest to outline any relevant experience and why you are interested in this role. Should you prefer, you may submit your letter of interest as an audio recording or short video (approx 3 min).
The deadline to apply is Thursday June 8th.
Interviews will be held the week of June 19th at Baboró’s office in Galway city.