We had a blast (from the past) at our third annual throwback table quiz last night. The event, which took place in Monroe's Live, was a huge success, raising much needed funds for our ACCESS programme.
There was a fantastic turn out and lots of fun had by all. We particularly enjoyed when the crowd broke into an accapella version of Total Eclipse of Heart during the audio round! We might have to include a Karaoke round next year!
Best Dressed Team: 'At Least We Made an Effort'
Best dressed prize went to Mary, Eamonn, Laura & Dave. Their team, 'At Least we Made an Effort' went above and beyond! They each won a Baboró goody bag and voucher for 56 Central.
It was neck-and-neck for the final round of the quiz with three teams vying for first place. The coveted position had to be decided by a tie break question, "According to the last census in 2016 what is the population of Galway City?". Team ‘The Sausage Kings of Chicago’ correctly guessed 79k and were crowned table quiz champions! Teammates Declan, James, Richard & Neil won a fabulous prize of a €100 voucher for Rouge Restaurant. Well done guys!
First Place winners: The Sausage Kings of Chicago
Raffle Prizes on the night included:
- 4 x Return Journey Tickets from City Link
- A glorious Food Hamper from McCambridges
- Beauty & Skincare voucher from Purejoy Laser & Advanced Skincare
- Lunch for 2 voucher and Dinner for 2 voucher from The Connacht Hotel
- 2 x Family Tickets from EYE Cinema
- 2 x Bookshop vouchers from Charlie Byrne’s Bookshop
- A Family Pass from Glengowla Mines
- Bubbly Afternoon Tea from the Maldron Hotel
A big thank you again to Monroe's for hosting our event, Auntie Nellie's for keeping everyone going with lots of retro sweets, all our attendees and sponsors. Looking forward to next year's quiz already!